Monday, April 26, 2010

A selection of miscellaneous small photos I've aquired over the years.....

Over the years I've collected small photos...what do I mean by that...well the size that came from Kodak box Brownies etc, around 30 x 40mm, perhaps 45 x 60mm, often sepia toned. 
Who took them or "owns" them is a mystery.....although on reflection the last two were taken by Ulsterman Barry Sewell and others of his pics feature elsewhere in my blog.
Left click on the images to enlarge....
George Himing rode in IOM TT 1927-32 on Zenith,Montgomery, AJS, Rudge and OK Supreme.
Leo Davenport, wins the 1932 Lightweight TT on a 246cc New Imperial.
















Italian Omobono Tenni, 250 Moto Guzzi, 1935 Lightweight TT, IOM



Evening practice, IOM TT 1938, #3 Putt Mossman, OK Supreme, #29 A.R.Foster AJS

1938 IOM TT races, #12 S.A. Sorenson 249cc Excelsior, #29 J.C. Galway 249cc Excelsior, Lwt TT.


Unknown, likely during the 1926 IOM TT and at Governors Bridge hairpin.

BMW Rennsport outfit, Ulster GP 1954.


Geoff Duke, 493cc Gilera/4, Scarborough, Sept.1953

2 comments:

daveinnola said...

on the unknown could #15 be cw johnson on a cotton? during the 1926 tt

Mary said...

Hello

I found your blog whilst researching my grandfather, George Himing, sometime Zenith racer who appears on your site along with my grandmother, Mary Himing. They are the couple at the top of your gallery. The other image I recognise from our archive of him racing during the 1926 TT, but cannot verify which rider is him.

Best wishes

Mary