Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Motorcyclings" 1960 Sports-Pix album part 1....and DQs away for two weeks in the USA....

DQ's away to the USA Saturday 7th May to visit Velo friends, ride his Velocette KSS/Scrambler special and perhaps play some banjo.....
So there may not be another post from me until after 21st May......
But hope springs eternal and I'll take a laptop computer with me.....

So this blog is a book review of a little known booklet produced by Temple Press's "MotorCycling" and inserted into a copy of the magazine during November 1960.

Titled..."1960 Sports-Pix album" part 1, it shows a snapshot of motorcycle sport during 1960.....
Tricky now to obtain....can't say I've seen any on Ebay and whether any survive with the magazine they came out with is anybody's guess......
Enjoy and left click on the images to enlarge.....






















I scanned a close-up of the tachometer and it is at the rest/zero position, so the motor has stopped.....


Now you'll know I'm a Velo man and real partial to the KTT model, so I couldn't resist scanning in that Mk.8 sprinter.....

No comments: